Af Erik Pedersen
Som det måske er bekendt fra mit referat fra BCI 2017 i Taiwan, offentliggjort på Dansk Bonsai Selskabs hjemmeside: www.bonsai-danmark.dk , var undertegnede begejstret og imponeret af de meget store og fine – asiatiske – bonsai udstillet der. Der er nu alle tiders chance for tæt på Danmark at opleve de allerfineste europæiske bonsai, idet Bonsai Clubs International (BCI) verdenskongres og udstilling 2018 bliver afholdt omkring Mulhouse i Nordfrankrig 12. -14. oktober. Det bliver en kombination af forskellige udstillingsarrangementer:
– Bonsai Clubs International world convention
– Bonsai Euro Top 30
– French bonsai federation convention
– European symposium of suiseki
I alt mere end 240 exceptionelt fine træer og 100 suiseki-sten, suppleret med Ishitstuki (klippebeplantninger) og Ikebana. Så der skulle være noget for enhver smag. Det er virkelig noget helt andet og meget mere inspirerende at se de fine træer i virkeligheden, og ikke blot på billeder. Gå ikke glip af denne helt unikke “engangsbegivenhed i livet”. Hovedmanden bag arrangementet er Francois Jeker, bl.a. kendt fra magasinet Bonsai Focus.
Se program herunder.
In October 2018, there is a host of fantastic events happening in Mulhouse.
These events will take place in three different places: the Parc Expo (Exhibition Centre) being open from 10am to 6pm, the Mulhouse Parc Botanique and Zoologique, one of the largest and most beautiful botanical gardens in Europe, open from 9am to 5pm, and the Fine Arts Museum, open from 1pm to 6:30pm. All these events will take place at the Parc Expo, while the Parc Botanique et Zoologique as well as the Fine Arts Museum will welcome trees from the French Bonsai Federation (FFB). Shuttle buses can take visitors to all three places.
1 – The first event, corresponds to the now traditional Bonsai Euro TOP 30, but with two additional exhibitions, the Ishitstuki and Ikebana, open from October 4-12 at the usual price to access the floral show Folie’Flore (7,50 Euros). The following will be presented:
– The 30 most beautiful bonsai in Europe
- The most beautiful Ishitsuki (planted in rocks) in France, in partnership with the French Bonsai Federation
- Ikebana (Floral Art by the eminent Sogetsu School, known for its creativity).
2 – The second event, the BCI world congress, will be accessible from October 12-14:
- there is a basic congress price, giving access to the three places and to all the exhibitions, conferences, demos and all other labelled events. Price: 50 Euros for three days, shuttle-bus included. The food and accommodation costs as well as the gala evening are not included.
- there is also a fixed price offered including access to all the exhibitions and events, food and accommodation, as well as the gala evening at the Automobile Museum in the Prestige Room amongst the Bugatti Royale. Prices: for congress attendee alone between 610 and 710 Euros depending on the category, and if the person is accompanied the price is 396 to 456 Euros.
Program for Thursday, October 11, 2018
Delivery of trees and stones between 10am and 8pm.
Program for Friday, October 12 at the Parc Expo
- 10am: Inauguration in the presence of the President of the International Bonsai Federation BCI, Glenis BEBB and some office members, local authorities, of Béatrice MULLER, President of the Mulhouse Expo, of Takamasa SATO, Consul General of Japan, of Philippe MASSARD, President of the French Bonsai Federation, of Jean-Marc Pouillon, President of the French Suiseki Federation, of a representative from the Departmental Council 92 (Albert KAHN Garden) as well as some demonstrators and speakers: Mitsuo MATSUDA (Japan), Budi SULISTYO (Indonesia), John WANG (USA), Gudrun BENZ and Dirk DABRINGHAUSEN(Germany), Julian de MARCO (Spain), Enzo FERRARI (Switzerland), Jean-François BUSQUET, Soazic LE FRANC, François JEKER (France), Othmar AUER (Italy).
- 2-6pm: creation of a large Ishitsuki with Scotch pines by Mitsuo MATSUDA, John WANG and Budi SULISTYO
- 2:15-6pm: demonstrations by Jean-François BUSQUET and Enzo FERRARI
- 3-4pm: Guided tour of the Suiseki exhibit by Gudrun BENZ
- 8pm: festive dinner at the Auberge du Zoo
Program for Saturday, October 13 at the Parc Expo
- 10-12am et 2-4pm: demonstrations by Dirk DABRINGHAUSEN, Julian de MARCO, Jean-François BUSQUET and Enzo FERRARI
- 5pm: General assembly of the French Bonsai Federation
- 8pm: gala evening at the Automobile Museum. Official speeches. Award ceremony attributed by the BCI, the City of Mulhouse, the general public, François JEKER and the review “Esprit Bonsaï”, presentation of the Congress 2019.
Program for Sunday, October 14 at the Parc Expo
- 10am-2pm: demonstrations by François JEKER, Mitsuo MATSUDA
- 10-11am: demonstration by Soazic LEFRANC (Ikebana)
- 2pm: closing ceremony
- 3-5pm: demonstrations by Othmar Auer, John WANG and Budi SULISTYO
- Five French demonstrators will be demonstrating non-stop during the three days